The Purity Test
Immorality is disobedience toward God. Such disobedience will cause His blessing and favor to leave your life.
1 Corinthians 9:27
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.
- How does sexual immorality affect our relationship with God and others? Specifically, how does it affect our family?
- What is the biggest hindrance to confessing sexual sin? How do we become free from such sin?
- What role do the eyes play in the area of sexual impurity?
- Have you struggled with sexual temptation? How do you remain watchful and keep your eyes and thoughts under control?
- Joseph finally ran away when the temptation became too great. Look at the ways in which we can trust in God to help us, such as prayer and reading the Word. Which of these is the more difficult discipline for you? Why? Commit yourself to do whatever is necessary to protect yourself from sexual temptation.