The Pride Test
The ultimate key to your victory over pride is knowing who you are in Christ. Our relationship with Him is based not on what we do, but who we are in Him.
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- Read Proverbs 11:2 and 16:18. According to these passages, what are some of the results of pride? Why is pride such a fundamental sin and test for the believer?
- What is the root of pride? What is the first step we must take in dealing with pride?
- How often are we likely to have to take and pass the pride test? Why do you think God makes it an ongoing part of achieving our destiny?
- Like Joseph, we all have dreams. Consider your dreams for the future are those dreams are from Him?
- Joseph had pride in his heart before he ever got his dream from God, yet God still gave him his dream. In what areas of your life do you struggle with pride? How will you begin to deal with your pride today?